Friday, March 25, 2011

Be Still and Know

Near Yellowstone 2010


BE STILL AND KNOW

Oh Jesus, Oh Jesus,
These times with You are sweet
Why is it we fail to meet
Each day...

I chase around doing busy things
And realize I've forgotten
The King of Kings
A lot of the way

I know it wasn't "we"
Who failed to sit
But only me
Coming to you hit or miss
Forfeited peace to pay

Help me to arise
Victor over the sleepy morn
Before the day is scattered and torn
Quiet, to sit with You

Waken me from precious night
Replace my darkness
With Your light
While I sing praises of love to You

I need You, my incomparable Jesus,
I need you anew, to renew.
Help me daily to come
And sit with YOU!!

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

4 comments:

LauraLee Shaw said...

Marijo, This is stunning. Wow, I worshiped to this one. Thank you.

Marijo (Mary Jo) Phelps said...

Thanks so much LauraLee - I think poetry is my first choice in writing expression and praising the Lord Jesus!

Judy said...

The muddled mind, i seem to get all caught up in whatever i'm doing but the Holy Spirit is a good prompter isn't He. This is very lovely Marijo with a wonderful message. Love ya, Judy

Marijo (Mary Jo) Phelps said...

I so appreciate you and your faithful encouragement! His truth stands, doesn't it?