Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Child of God’s Delight

Delighted in you, child of mine
Years of laughter touching your eyes
Drawing you into mine
Precious just because you are

Created in the image of I AM
Sacrifice of the Son’s blood applied
As you knelt at Calvary’s cross
Those years past, forgiven and made new

Reborn pure in heart
Clean slated life, gifted to you At your repenting request
“Please forgive me and set me free?”
I AM met you there

Joyful tears at the sight of you
Coming home to be an over comer
Washed in the blood of His Son
As Jesus and His sacrifice liberated, made you new

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

4 comments:

Lisa Mikitarian said...

"I Am met you there"--what an awesome realization. Lovely poetry.

Marijo (Mary Jo) Phelps said...

Thanks so much for coming by and your encouragement!

Judy said...

At Your repenting request... The writer in me is all over that line and the Lord in me say's GLORY !!! Just beautiful Marijo... love ya...

Marijo (Mary Jo) Phelps said...

Judy - you are a special sister and I appreciate you so very much!