Monday, April 25, 2011

Monday Manna - New Creature



YES! I can remember dancing around my friend's front yard twirling her 10 month old baby (this was almost 37 years ago) FULL of Christ's new life - gone was the old. gone was the alcoholism - Jesus pulled me "feet first" out of the bottle...I was baptized under that water and the coming up was symbolic of me being raised a new creature. He changed my "mouth like a trucker" into one which didn't take Him name in vain, one which praised and thanked Him - he took me from tie dyed T-shirts and patched jeans into "granny dresses" because I, once again, felt feminine and released to be pretty before Him. HE turned my mourning into dancing. Know what? HE still does this today 36 1/2 years after the initial "setting me free" AND I LOVE HIM!

6 comments:

Yvonne Blake said...

"old things are passed away, behold all things are become new"

Thanks for joining in, Marijo

Marijo (Mary Jo) Phelps said...

I am enjoying this and Friday Fiction very much!

tainterturtles said...

Nice description of your coming to Christ. Your photo is amazing!

Marijo (Mary Jo) Phelps said...

the photo was taken in our yard one evening! Thanks for your comments, Lisa.

lioneagle said...

Hi Marijo -

I visualized you dancing, and danced in my heart.

Thank you, dear lady of GOD, for this melodic piece.

You expressed, "HE turned my mourning into dancing. Know what? HE still does this today..."

Hallelujah - Glory to GOD!

Yes, Marijo - Amen - Amen indeed.

Marijo (Mary Jo) Phelps said...

Yes, He does and I try to dance before Him in our living room - He doesn't even care that I have 2 left feet!