Tuesday, May 24, 2011

ANGST


Yet Again

Thoughts and feelings
Build up and spill out
In the silent language of tears
Are felt, then understood
Rather than heard by the other


Surely spoken language
Must have failed
For nothing can express
The emotion or evoke the empathy
Like the silent language of tears



Spoken not, but cried by both
Wetting lashed, cheeks and memories
Memories of the countless
Previous nameless times
We told each other goodbye

Please come visit my blog at http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/
(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.


Almost Crashing

Lord God, You saved me from a car wreck
As I was turning and that kid was speeding
I stepped on the gas and my hand 
Found itself honking the horn


Then he stopped and I left, just in time.
My hands are always at "10 and 2"
How did I hit the horn?
I wasn't trying and remember my surprise
When it sounded. THANK YOU, JESUS!


(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

Thinking Realigned

I AM a God of peace, not punishment as you first think. My thoughts are for your good, no "baseball bats". 


Come unto Me all you who are weary and I will give you rest. Rest your five track mind. 

One focus. JESUS. Rest in My love, under My wings. 

There are times and seasons. 

Praise Me while I release you. 

Selah.



(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

1 comment:

Yvonne Blake said...

Great poetry...deep thoughts!