Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Diabetes Type 2, Me?


Yesterday my family practice doc decided I was diabetic. My blood sugar issues began 7 years ago when they put me on Atenolol for blood PRESSURE due to Graves Disease. They have since found out that med can cause the onset of diabetes. Actually my various labs are all better than they have been for several years (except my fasting blood sugar - there are also new diabetes guidelines - stricter) Meds are still elevating my BS but we are focused on getting the B/P down for breast cancer surgery. My spirits are good, Dr. Jesus is not surprised by any of this even though perhaps my new MD is....

the photo above really seems to reflect where I am at - going to spend today soaking in the Word and in His presence - the best place to be.

Oncologist visit tomorrow.

2 comments:

tainterturtles said...

Will be thinking of you Marijo.....hope all goes well. Beautiful lake pic.

Marijo (Mary Jo) Phelps said...

Thanks Lisa. Off to the oncologist today( Wednesday)