Friday, December 30, 2011

Prayer Answered


December 30, 2011

I was waking up this morning and praying about the radiation therapy – much controversy in the medical field about whether to support the body with antioxidants or to stop them all and just do radiation -  medical community split. I prayed and felt to take them. This AM was praying the radiation would only have therapeutic  effects. The old scripture chorus came to mind “when you pass through the fire you shall not be burned, and pass through the waters/floods they shall not overflow you, neither shall the flames kindle upon you for I the Lord am your God and you are mine…..”


When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

Isaiah 43:2
New King James Version (NKJV)

2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
      And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you.
      When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned,
      Nor shall the flame scorch you.


I felt that was His promise to me about the radiation – such encouragement!

Had a wonderful time today with former prayer partner from EHC - Carol and I walked, prayed, got caught up and had a lovely lunch at Red Lobster. I am not tired today and took antioxidants this AM - hope I can sleep but need to support my immune system even though the dietitian at the hospital says to stop all antioxidants. So much controversy in the medical community over this one and I am praying and choosing to go the other direction.


2 comments:

tainterturtles said...

Oh Marijo, I know it's hard and I totally understand about the "do this, don't do that." I know you will find your answer in prayer.

Happy New Year's cousin.

Marijo (Mary Jo) Phelps said...

I am doing antioxidants.... Thank you Lord1