Friday, January 13, 2012

Love Makes Truth Palatable


Have you ever watched someone close to you doing something that is dangerous to them? Maybe a relationship or making choices that could harm then physically, emotionally or spiritually?  In situations like this I find that praying for wisdom helps. The Bible then speaks of ‘sharing the truth in love”, that is the only way to go. Can we be patient until we can go, not in hysterics, not in anger, not in self righteousness but in love to that person to share our concerns. Easy to say and not always easy to do, is it? And we are to listen for that “still, small voice” speaking direction to our hearts:

Child, lift up your eyes to Me and your hopes. I will fulfill you, in my plans for your walk with Me. Strain not, but rely on Me. I AM the answer to your every query. Lean not unto your own understanding. I impart to you wisdom for every occasion. Receive it in Jesus’ name. Let not your imagination run away with you. Your sisters will be healed in time to be My instruments. Obey. Speak forth at the appointed time – My Spirit will lead you. Rejoice knowing I carry the burden – your part is obedience to my Word. Liberty is at hand through Christ Jesus. You will KNOW my timing, be patient for a short season and I will mellow your tongue to speak forth in love and clarity. Bear this burden together with the sister I have given to you. My timing is perfect – My hour is soon. Be ready to be bountifully blessed.

Psalm 121:1-8 speaks much about our help and where our help comes from, the Lord. He who created everything and certainly knows how we are all “wired”. He is there “24/7” on our behalf and will never turn us away. Think about that!

In Jeremiah 29:11 the writer quotes God and speaks about the plans He has for us, plans to prosper us and not for harm, plans for a future and hope. What a great promise to grab a hold of!

Back to Psalm 51:6 speaks of God desiring truth and teaching us wisdom. We can surely use wisdom in most all of our relationships, how to get along better with those who are in our sphere on influence and those given to us to know and love.

In 2 Corinthians 10:5 a great spiritual exercise in mentioned. “We demolish arguments and every pretention that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
Notice it didn’t say the arguments and pretensions that set themselves up against our knowledge.  I love the use of the word “demolish” here as a forceful and completely destructive word. This is what we are to do with anything which doesn’t line up with the Word of God.

In 1 Peter 3:15 we are encouraged to always be ready to give an answer for the reason (Jesus) for the hope that is in us with gentleness and respect. God doesn’t want us to resemble steamrollers but to be transformed more and more into the image of His Son, Jesus Christ. And I ask myself, have I seen Jesus reflected in my actions, the things I say and do?

Prayer: Oh, Lord God, you have given us a treasure chest full of the tools of your Word. You teach us by your example how to use them. Those promises are so rich and full AND they are ours for the asking. What priceless jewels we have from You. Please help us to use them wisely and often we pray. In Jesus most incredible name, AMEN

Come by my blog spot for more photos and interesting reading: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.






No comments: