Thursday, February 23, 2012

Cole Slaw

My friend Vonnie asked what I add to my cole slaw after she posted a yummy recipe.

Sometimes I add crushed pineapple, mandarin oranges and diced banana.

Maybe sunshine tomatoes, onions and black olives.

Or chicken, toasted almonds and ranch dressing.

A good dressing is no fat sour cream thinned with a touch of rice wine vinegar OR some plain yogurt with a touch of garlic powder or salt in it.

Ranch dressing also works on cole slaw in addition to some of the fruit dressings like Neuman's light raspberry walnut.

We like cabbage much better than lettuce.

3 comments:

tainterturtles said...

Yum, sounds like excellent recipes to try. Thanks for posting cousin!

Marijo (Mary Jo) Phelps said...

So glad your comment got through - many are having problems since I indavertantly got the new update to this site!

Yvonne Blake said...

Mmmmm...these make me hungry.