Sunday, March 4, 2012

Cherry Cobbler




(Makes an 8x8 pan)

1 c. whole wheat flour
1 c. brown sugar (light or dark – I try to use dark) Splenda brown sugar too…..
¾ c. oatmeal (quick or long cooking)
½ c. butter – melted
1 tsp cinnamon

Mix above together with fork until crumbly and dry stuff moistened (can be lumpy rather than fine)

Put ½ in the bottom of a 8x8 pan sprayed with Pam.

Put a can of whatever pie filling you like on top (I used cherry sweetened with Splenda) I used TWO cans of cherries– one Splenda and the other with “extra fruit”

Top with remaining crumbs.

Bake 1 hour @ 350 degrees – top will be slightly browned, bottom nice and gooey.


(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

2 comments:

tainterturtles said...

I will share your recipe with your Aunt Shirley. Sounds yummy cousin!

Marijo (Mary Jo) Phelps said...

It is yummy with any pie filling and my favorite high altitude dessert - it doesn't have leavening so rising is not a problem!