Thursday, April 12, 2012

I Almost Wasn’t


Mom holding Colette, Dad holding me 1948


(Thanking mom again on my 66 anniversary of her "labor day" that she chose LIFE for me! Thanking Jesus most of all!!!)

Lifting sunlit eyes
Many faceted green
You wrought
When I was but
Womb bound

You brought
All Your pre-thought
Me
To be
Together found

Sperm and ova united
Breath of life
You breathed
Holy Spirit ordained
Pre-held little one

Joyfully known
By the hosts
Of heaven
Before my mother
Had a clue

Cherished of God
Before my mother
Shed tears
Earthly sorrow
Uncontrolled

She made her choice
I was given life
Time
To grow
And glow and know

What You planned
For two celled
Me
Plans in time
And then Eternity

She’s with You now
And I thank her still
Her difficult choice
My life, my breath
As she exercised her will.

Jeremiah 1:5 (New King James Version)
 “ Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.”

Psalms 139:13 (New King James Version)
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.


3 comments:

lioneagle said...

Hi Marijo -

Happy Birthday, dear precious lady of GOD.

May more spiritual richness flood from you to impact for the advancement of the kingdom of our Lord. And may He bountifully prosper you...

I love that photo. You look anointed even at that young age.

Yes, before the foundation of the world, GOD had us on His glorious radar.

Thank You, awesome Father GOD!

Marijo (Mary Jo) Phelps said...

the best thing is that my dad (who isn't my bio dad) told me from that day I was born on I was "his little girl"!

tainterturtles said...

Happy Birthday Marijo! I love the picture of your mom and dad. You had wonderful parents.