Sunday, June 10, 2012

Step Into the Waters Devotional (Word from the Lord Series)



Seek Me and I hear your praises. Open your mouth and I will teach you what pleases Me. 

Put your foot forward and I will give you strength, direction and freedom. 

Have the desire, yield your will and I will fulfill that my Son might be glorified in what and who you are becoming in His name. 

Have the desire and I, your God, will implement it as you relax in Me. My strength takes over as you release your all to me. 

Your work is ashes but My work in you through my Spirit brings forth life.

He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters. (NIV)

He turned the sea into dry land, they passed through the waters on foot— come, let us rejoice in him. (NIV)

The waters covered their adversaries; not one of them survived. (NIV)

"Lord, if it's you," Peter replied, "tell me to come to you on the water." (NIV)

Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, "Lord, save me!" (NIV)

Prayer: Thank you dear Jesus for Peter, who teaches us so much, thank you that  he is included. He walked on water and he looked away and sank BUT JESUS you reached out and saved him AND us. AMEN

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

2 comments:

Ma and Pa said...

Yes indeed, I needed that one today.. have some waters to step into. Thanks so much for the reminder! Hugs

Marijo (Mary Jo) Phelps said...

Appreciate you coming by! He is always right on time, isn't He?