Monday, August 6, 2012

After endocrinologist today


Had weird time with endocrinologist today – basically all he said sort of contradicted my MD – the lab apparently did the 24 hour urine wrong. He didn’t seem to know why I had to have the Ct scan as he said you can’t diagnose a tumor from a urine test and he said I do not have the rest of the symptoms that go with the deadly tumor BUT he wants to re-do the 24 hour urine and have me get some fancy blood work where they have to use a catheter threaded into the vein through a large needle – wait 15-20 minutes and then draw the blood. I already had 5 sticks with an ice pick sized needle for the CT scan and, frankly am tired of this. Also the CT scan showed NO TUMOR (I told the doc a lot of prayer had gone up) He said the tumor could be elsewhere and I didn’t have the presence of mind to ask him where.

Right now I plan to do the urine and IF it shows something then have the blood work – if not then to forget it. Too much poking and prodding. This is all getting too weird. What the endocrinologist says sort of contradicts some things online too. Mick was with me and he heard what I heard. Strange day. Now I am not sure about my MD or the lab he uses. 

2 comments:

Ma and Pa said...

Oh My Goodness, I get busy and wrapped up in life, and have not heard from you! I would wonder about the MD and Lab too!! Sorry for the poking but praying that they know what we know... God is in control. Will be praying for a victorious answer!

Marijo (Mary Jo) Phelps said...

Thanks a bunch! I am waiting to see my FP in Sept....