Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sent One Devotional (Words from the Lord Series)



Let’s look at a couple of biblical characters. David spent years herding sheep. Moses spent forty years in the desert. Jesus was a carpenter for 30 years before beginning his “ministry” which lasted all of 3 years. Why is it we think we are supposed to be like tea in the microwave, 2 ½ minutes prep and we are done. Nope, I have found that we are not that instant and delicious cuppa tea. We are more valuable to God that that. We take T-I-M-E, time to learn, grow and become a bit more mature that we were last year or last decade. Does that thought send chills through you like it does me? No, not thrilling chills but chills of dread. What, I have to WAIT. I can’t be and know and GO! Ahh, Lord, why do I have to be stuck here with these smelly sheep? They are sorta dumb and don’t get it…. what do you mean they are like their shepherd, do you mean ME?

Then, once again I hear that very still, small, patient voice speaking to me. The one with the folded over ears following the wooly tail in front of me:

Let not your heart be troubled. I will give you direction and prepare your way. You shall go forth in My name and My time. Be not alarmed. I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall say. Forget not the widows and orphans in their need. Rest and be not dismayed for I shall unfold and clarify for you. Reach out in My strength. I love you and want to love them through you. Selah. It is in My timing, I won’t send you un prepared not overwhelmed with fear. There is a time to get ready. Not all done for Me is on instant impulse. I would not ask that which I couldn’t/wouldn’t equip you to do. You SHALL know the timing soon, WAIT, be open and ready. Selah.


"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. (NIV)



[ God's Angel to Prepare the Way ] "See, I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared. (NIV)



Pass through, pass through the gates! Prepare the way for the people. Build up, build up the highway! Remove the stones. Raise a banner for the nations. (NIV)



Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say." (NIV)



So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (NIV)


Prayer: Dearest Jesus, almost every word in your Word holds promise and hope – thank you for placing them there for us to encourage, instruct and help us get up and go on.  Thank you for your perfect timing and that you don’t ask us or send us unprepared. Thank you for going before us and preparing the way and leading in your most incredible footsteps.  AMEN

Come by my blog spot for more photos and interesting reading: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/
(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

No comments: