Monday, February 4, 2013

He Knows Your Heart




What does it mean for God to say that He knows our hearts? Our physical heart is that from which flows our life, our life blood. Without our heart we cease to exist. There is also a reason that a Valentine is symbolic of love, romance shown by giving someone a paper heart. Often our words can say one thing but in our heart we are possibly thinking something else. When we have something shared with us by our Lord Jesus do we say He whispered in our ear? Most often that still, small voice is thought of as whispering to our hearts. Even the phrase “getting to the heart of the matter” evokes mental pictures of getting past all the fluffy unimportant issues and going straight to the core matter. So, once again, I sense that my Lord is whispering to my heart:
Child, it isn’t always what you say but the heart from which it is said – I hear you. Stop and listen to Me. Read my Word and it will wash, renew and open up to bless you. You can’t always hope to know ahead or second guess but trust in My Name.

In Proverbs 4:23 we are encouraged to keep our hearts with all diligence, for out of our heart spring the issues of life.

2 Timothy 2:22 exhorts the reader to flee youthful lusts and pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. That one sentence says so very much. On one side we have youthful lusts as opposed to what we should pursue, righteous, faith, love and peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart, marriage counseling in just one verse. The word is incredible that way, isn’t it?

The banquet of life there for our “eating”, I think it is never too late to “taste of the Lord and see that He is good”. We can do that best by reading, studying and getting ourselves into His Word, the Bible.

Prayer: My dear Jesus, thank you for whispering to me, thank you that you help me to turn, to hear your still, small voice. Thanks so very much that you do look to my heart and not what is sometimes coming out of my mouth, or not coming out that should be….I choose to trust in you, my Jesus. Help me to purpose to spend more time in Your Word, getting to know You better and better each day. AMEN


(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

No comments: