Saturday, February 9, 2013

Me with Scratchy, Sleep Swollen Unfocused Eyes


(NO photo - use your imagination...)

We are blessed to have eagles where we live, both bald and golden and can sometimes watch them. They are most incredible created beings with wing spans up to eight feet. Imagine that. I find it difficult. It does make me realize why our cats are “total house cats” but that is a digression.

It was once said that the eagle that soars in the upper air does not worry itself as to how it is to cross rivers.
Prayer: Oh, Lord God, I’ve been like that eagle – help me to realize when I’m with You that IS my inheritance!!! Father, forgive me for being “on vacation”. Help me to work out quality time in the Word and prayer. Allow me to be refreshed and renewed after six hours of sleep? Help me to leap out of my lethargy into Your presence daily or twice daily? AMEN

There are times child, when you get distracted but I don’t, so fear not, I love you still. Only you can slow down and focus on Me. I shall/am going before you – my timing IS perfect. I shall reveal more to you soon. Rest, recover, absorb my Word and grow.

Oh, Jesus with scratchy, sleep swollen, unfocused eyes and the proverbial “grunt” in my early morning attitude, I CHOOSE to praise You!!!

Isaiah 40:31 tells us that those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength (not might but WILL). They will soar with wings like eagles. (I have watched them, seemingly effortlessly even on those gale force wind days sailing aloft with ease) they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

This is quite a promise. This promise is yours.

In Job 17:9 we are taught that the righteous will hold to their ways and those with clean hands will grow stronger. This is another great promise for God’s children, those who have been born again. By the way, “born again” is not a new catch phrase. You can read all about it in John 3:2-4 when Jesus is speaking with Nicodemus and speaking about being “born again” quite forcefully. He wasn’t talking about joining a church or being confirmed either. Check it out for yourself.

In Psalm 34:10 we have yet another promise that the lions may grow weak and hungry but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing. Are you seeking Him today?

In Psalm 61:2 the psalmist is seeking after God saying from the ends of the earth he (David) calls to him (God) I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. What rock is higher than we are? The rock of our salvation, the Lord Jesus Christ, the chief corner stone and our firm foundation IF we ask Him to be!
Psalm 16:11 says You have made known to me the path of life; you fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. Can you begin to see why David was a man after God’s own heart? Yes, he sinned and reaped the consequences of those sins but he also pursued God with a passion.

Prayer: Dear Jesus, may we each pursue You with all our hearts. May we have the heart of David in seeking relationship with You. Teach us? Show us? Lead us even today to that Rock which is higher than we are. We praise and thank You! AMEN

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.


No comments: