Monday, April 1, 2013

God CRIED!



I don’t suppose it is typical to sit around thinking about God crying. The Bible tells us that he did cry though. I was visiting relatives by the ocean one time and was thinking about just that. The idea for this poem came to me then. I was pretty newly converted after being an atheist for 9 years and doing many things that ended up making me sad, bad choices, things said when I was so “under the influence” that I should have zipped my lips yet then was when I seemed to talk the most…. If they made me sad in retrospect I can only imagine how those actions and others by people like me must have affected the heart of God.

God Cried
Were the first raindrops
Your holy tears of sadness
Crying
For an unrepenting world?

The righteous ones You spared
Cradled in the palm of Your ark
As You wept
For forty days and forty nights

And even today
The living seas and oceans
Are a salty reminder
Of that anguish of Your heart!

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

No comments: