Friday, November 22, 2013

Have You Put Down Roots?


You’re excited by the wind it is almost like you see my Spirit move. What makes the trees so beautiful? They move and sway in worship and praise they are yielded so my Spirit can give them even greater beauty than when standing still. Learn from that tree. It goes nowhere but stands for me where it is planted, roots going deeper and deeper. Be yielded like that tree and I'll make of you a song of great beauty in Jesus Christ my Son.

Tumble weeds tumble, they are designed to do this very thing and that is how they spread their seeds all over your yard, fields and acreage. They have shallow roots for a purpose. People, however seem to grow best with a deep root system, so to speak. We need to be rooted and grounded or we, too, will be like the tumble weed and that was not the intention of Him who created us. I love Isaiah as you might have noted if you read many of my Biblical based pieces. I love those word pictures and can see that happen with the coming of our Lord. All His creation will know and recognize him. I also suspect it is a promise for His Body who definitely needs to be led out with peace.

Isaiah 55:12 “For you shall go out with joy and be led out with peace; the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you, and all the trees of the flied shall clap their hands.”

DIGGING DEEPER

Grab a pen and write down what our Lord is speaking to your heart through these scriptures this afternoon.

Jer 17:8


Eze 31:7




My Commitment:


Prayer: Dear Lord, please help us to learn from the trees and the wind. Help us to yield unto you and your Holy Spirit moving in our lives daily. In your name, Lord Jesus, AMEN

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use giving proper credit only.


No comments: