Saturday, November 23, 2013

Hush and Maybe You Will Hear from God


Daughter, my peace I speak unto you. My Son lives in you and he reigns in your heart. Allow Him to meet your every need. Quiet your spirit before me and look to my Word. The Holy Spirit shall teach and guide you through the written living pages. Be still and KNOW that I am God.

When I was very young, I was shy, then came the talkative years. I remember older family members asking me to “be quiet”, “be still” – yes I was a wiggler too. Sometime in my adult life reading God’s Word I came across “be still and know that I am God”. OK, it is beginning to sink in. When I close my mouth and focus on another perhaps I can actually learn something.  We are told of something which is precious in the sight of God, I don’t know about you but to me this looks like something to seek and go after, quietly, of course. Who wouldn’t like to have qualities that are “precious in the sight of God”?

I Pet 3:4 …rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God.

DIGGING DEEPER
Let’s look at a couple more verses this afternoon. Please write down what they mean to you today; what the Holy Spirit is whispering to your heart.
Isaiah 30:15




Isaiah 32:17




My Commitment:




Prayer: Ah, Lord Jesus, please let it not be said of me that I “would not” (Isa 30:15) May I learn from that still, small voice when to speak and when to rest in you. Please help me to “tune in” and hear and listen. We ask this in Your incredible name, Jesus, AMEN

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved.

No comments: