Wednesday, January 1, 2014

How Can You Be Your Own Potter When You Are the Clay?


Child, listen and I will direct. Keep the ears of your spirit open, seek My face and you shall hear My voice. I AM that you might become. You are growing up in my strength/power and your yieldedness. Seek not to be your own potter but relax in Me and My Word. I shall raise you up in My time and for My purpose. Selah.

From the time we begin talking we are saying things like “NO! I do it myself!” In some cases this is good. It is how that toddler learns life skills and a measure of independence necessary to “grow up” in life. In other areas we’d probably do much better allowing Someone who is older, wiser and our Creator to call more of the shots. With the first word the Lord whispered in my ears He was teaching and summing things up. That word was “child”:

What a graphic picture “seeing” the potter’s wheel, that gray lump of clay and being admonished not to try to be my own potter. We can chuckle but in many cases it is an apt illustration, isn’t it? How can the clay be the potter? How can the paper write the story? How can a watch be put together without a watch maker? But that doesn’t keep us from trying, does it?

1 Chronicles 16:11 Seek the Lord and His strength; seek His face evermore.

DIGGING DEEPER

Please check the following references and make some notes about what they are speaking to you in the situation you are in today.

Job 15:8

Psalm 78:1

Psalm 113:7

Jeremiah 16:19

My Commitment:

Prayer: My dear Jesus, you are SO able and I am so not…..please give me ears tuned in to and listening and learning from Your Word, daily.  Help me to grow strong with the watering from Your Word. Thank You that you take time, make time and love us…In Jesus’ Name, AMEN.


(C) Marijo Phelps

No comments: