Tuesday, January 14, 2014

We Really Only Have Today


THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR COMING TO READ MY RAMBLINGS.... I mentioned this piece about 2 hours ago and 67 of you have come to read it - that is a blessing to me for sure and hope it is for you also!!!

My daughter, did I not go before you and prepare the way for your recent move? Am I not even yet/still at work? There is a place for you (work) which will meet your needs and Mine in and through you.
Many times you get so caught up in focus on a week or two down the road that you forget now. NOW is all you have at any point in time. Enjoy NOW. Think of all the “nows” you’ve simply abided when you were missing out on great blessing by enjoying them in that moment. Only in retrospect did they become precious. I want you to realize the value of each day, just where you’re finding yourself. I AM that you might be. Learn this, learn it well. Leave me tomorrow and forging through the wilderness to get there. You burden too much. Rest in Me.  Selah.

We think of the past and how we might have done something different. We think of the future and how it is going to be. Somehow through it all we sometimes miss the one day we can really do something about, today. When we were younger, tomorrow seemed like it would never, ever come. Now the calendar pages seem to gleefully flip from month to month without taking time to consult us, don’t they? But, right now, we have this very minute. What are we going to do with it? How are we going to spend it.  A while back I was listening to God speaking to my heart about this very thing when I was fretting about the lack of a job after a long awaited move. Our God’s focus in on today.
Psalm 118:24 This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.

DIGGING DEEPER

Read the verses that follow and write down what the Holy Spirit is speaking to you though them.

Deuteronomy 11:13

2Corinthians 6:2

Psalm 95:7-8

My Commitment:


Prayer: Dear Jesus, we aren’t promised anything more than right now, today. Help us to make the most of TODAY.  Help us to live each day as if it were our last on this earth. Help us to walk in your footsteps and abide in Your plans for us! It is the most incredible place to be. In the name of Jesus we ask, AMEN.

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved 



1 comment:

Ma and Pa said...

Good Post.. and yes we are only given one day at a time. I have come to realize that we need to thank Him for each Day. After Jim's hospital stay, (pulmonary hypertension ) we are learning new things each day, and are thankful for our time together!
Hugs to you!