Thursday, April 10, 2014

Backslid Friend

You are concerned over your sister’s path and rightfully so. She needs ME but is blind. I will bring her again into the fullness of my love in time. Pray and move as I direct. Love her with my love.
What does it mean to love your friend? Does it mean allowing them to do what they choose and being silent or does it mean sharing God’s truth and His Word in love. Sometimes we need to risk the friendship to save the friend. Have you ever been in those circumstances where you knew you had to speak the truth even if it meant that person got angry and broke off the relationship? It never “feels good” to be there but it is so necessary. I cannot remember a single time when that friendship was ruptured for good when the Lord’s Word was gently applied to a loved one’s life, but it sure was scary going into the conversation. Sometimes the issue wasn’t resolved instantly either.
Proverbs 17:9 He who covers a transgression seeks love, but he who repeats a matter separates friends.
DIGGING DEEPER
Please take a pen and write down what the Holy Spirit is speaking to you through the following scriptures today:
Proverbs 10:12
 
James 5:16
 
Ezekiel 33:6
 
My Commitment:
 
Prayer: Lord, please convict my friend.  Draw her back to you as only you can. Help me to know when to be bold and share the truth in love and when to be quiet. Help me to pray always until the burden lifts. In Jesus’ most incredible name, AMEN
 
(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved.

No comments: