Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Heart of Your Presence

(This one was written awhile back when my daily quiet times were simply not happening. I would have every intention.... "yes, I am going to sit with my Lord right after I get the wash going.... oh, I should do those dishes up and then I won't have that hanging over my head when I sit to read the Bible.....oh, no, Mick forgot something he needs at work and I can run it in to him......" Pretty soon, it would be bedtime and I would gasp realizing I never sat at the feet of my Lord.... I am blessed to say that I am back to having regular, first thing in the AM quiet times with Him, once again....but wanted to share my heart with you....)

O, my Jesus where have I gone

Away from the presence

Of Your heart

And the heart of Your presence?

Enable me to choose

Your best footpaths

To Your secret place

To DWELL

May I put aside the "good"

And pursue only You

Your presence and glory

To daily entwine my spirit

Within Yours

O, my Lord.....

 

Heart of Your Presence

O, my Jesus where have I gone

Away from the presence

Of Your heart

And the heart of Your presence?

Enable me to choose

Your best footpaths

To Your secret place

To DWELL

May I put aside the "good"

And pursue only You

Your presence and glory

To daily entwine my spirit

Within Yours

O, my Lord.....
 

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved.

 

 

 

No comments: