Friday, April 18, 2014

The Price Paid to Free Me



You didn't know me then, you didn't know me when

Your sin seemed fun, for a season

Then you began crying, dying, still defying

Choosing darkness without reason

 

Yet I knew you at Calvary

When I died upon that hill

You'd have a need for a Savior

And you need me still

 

You thudded to the bottom

Looked up, eyes open wide

You had crashed ever down

To the place you couldn't hide

 

In you, was a God-shaped void

You shoved all things in but Me

Not seeing the gift I died to give

Cruel-cross death on that tree

 

I wept that you fell, oh, so far

But rejoiced when you could see

All along that emptiness

Could only be filled by Me

 

Soon it was in perfect time

Your dulled eyes opened to see

Jesus really paid your price

That debt, to set you free

 

And now that God-shaped void

Was filled to overflowing,

You, completed child, righteously restored 

Now growing in your knowing

 

Of how God came down

Facing torture on Calvary's tree

He loved so much, left so much

Sacrificed all to set you free.

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights recerved

No comments: