Friday, May 9, 2014

I Almost Wasn't

Lifting sunlit eyes
Many faceted green
You wrought
When I was but
Womb bound
 
You brought
All Your pre-thought
Me
To be
Together found
 
Sperm and ova united
Breath of life
You breathed
Holy Spirit ordained
Pre-held little one
 
Joyfully known
By the hosts
Of heaven
Before my mother
Had a clue
 
Cherished of God
Before my mother
Shed tears
Earthly sorrow
Uncontrolled
 
She made her choice
I was given life
Time
To grow
And glow and know
 
What You planned
For two celled
Me
Plans in time
And then Eternity
 
She’s with You now
And I thank her still
Her difficult choice
My life, my breath
As she exercised her will.
 
Jeremiah 1:5 (New King James Version)
 “ Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.”
Psalms 139:13 (New King James Version)
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

 

 

No comments: