Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Jesus, Healer of My Heart

The year had been a really rough one. Divorce, that I never dreamed would happen, did. I ended up doing what secular counselors would say was terribly unwise. After prayer, I felt that the Lord was leading me into short term missions which meant moving away from my good friends and church home, leaving the job I had worked at almost 10 years and going to Texas, where I didn’t know  a soul. I began Youth With a Mission, Discipleship Training School and a most incredible time of healing in the Lord.

There I was with a group of people who were, for the most part, about 10 years younger than I was. We were having a meeting at the house of the married leaders of our group. It was a wonderful time of seeking the Lord and prayer. It was my turn in the “hot seat”. As various members of the group laid hands on me, I closed my eyes.

While my eyes were closed, I saw a picture of a heart.  Not the anatomical one but a heart shaped like a Valentine. There was a bench seat on top of the heart and Jesus was taking a seat there, the heart had a jagged crack running diagonally across the whole “Valentine”. As they prayed I realized it was my heart. I felt impressed that if I kept Jesus enthroned in my heart that I would be healed totally. As Jesus sat down, the brokenness disappeared from top to bottom.

Psalms 51: 17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.

In the situation my heart was broken and the Lord move in. He put my broken pieces back together better than they had been in the first place.

He was enthroned in my heart and did His most incredible work in me during the ensuing weeks and month.

Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One; you are the praise of Israel.


The LORD sits enthroned over the flood; the LORD is enthroned as King forever.

Through this trauma, I came to know the reality of these scriptures and God’s most incredible faithfulness.

I have assurance that He will be there for you also, if you just let Him!


(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. May reprint giving proper credit to author.



2 comments:

Trudy Buck said...

Hi Marijo, I love your blog. My husband, Jim and I moved in November less than 1/2 mile from your home. A man of God neighbor told us about you and your husband, Mick. We would love to meet you when it is convenient as we also brothers and sisters in Christ. You can contact us via our e-mail - twobucksar@gmail.com or our phone at 689-3323.

Enjoy the glorious day in Colorado - rain and sun - love God's nature cycle!

Trudy

Marijo (Mary Jo) Phelps said...

Thanks so much Trudy - I wrote you an e-mail!