Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Thy Hands Fashioned and Made Me


 

I see another wrinkle

Around my eye

One more smile line?

The clock's ticking faster as the calendar flies

More gray hairs I find

 

Jogging's a drag

But my clothes don't fit

Even when I lose pound by pound

My crazy Body's rearranged

What used to be up slipped down

 

New aches here and there

Which I never had

Before

I could go on and on

But somehow I know there's more

 

Lord, You're not bound

By place, dimension

Of time

It surely isn't my earthly body

You're working to make Thine

 

'Cuz You've promised

In Your Word

Written in many a place

You'll give us glorified bodies

When we meet You face to face

 

You allow

This falling apart

That's taking a toll on me

To polish up my rough cut soul

And draw me closer to Thee

 

A complete creation, I wasn't at birth

Nor even at 70

Perhaps not until

Death comes around

To set Your servant free

 

Thanks for helping me

Refocus on You

By knocking at my vanity

By destroying some of my self-concern

You helped me look at Thee

 

"Thy hands fashioned and made me,

Now Thou dost destroy me....."

Thy servant Job wrote down.

All those many years ago,

I believe the key he found.

 

Sand me, buff me

Destroy me

To create

A faithful, loving servant

You'll greet at heaven's gate!

 

Psalm 119:73-74 Your hands have made me and fashioned me; give me understanding that I may learn Your commandments. Those who fear You will be glad when they see me, because I have hoped in Your word. 


Job 10:8 Your hands have made me and fashioned me, an intricate unity; yet You would destroy me.....
 
(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved - use giving proper credit to author - thanks!

No comments: