Saturday, August 13, 2016

BORN TO BLOOM


Born to Bloom

God handed me a package

Wrapped carefully in His love.

I gently removed the wrapping

And saw a mass of roots

With tiny green plant above.

 

"What am I to do with this.

It has no soil or earth?"

And the Lord replied

"It's a plant of faith

Which grows in your new birth."

 

"If those roots grow deep in me

They might break me all apart."

With loving gentleness

He softly replied,

"Yea, even your stony heart."

 

"You mean I must let go

Of that which is me,

And let the roots go

Deep within

To make a place for Thee?"

 

"Allow Me to work in you

And soon you will find

My gift of roots

Will help you grow

In body and soul, Mine."

 

"Well, Lord, I guess You know

Being the greatest gardener of all

That Your roots don't grow

In stony hearts

But in fertile, well tilled soil."

 

"Lord, do with me what You will

Use me as Thine own,

Break my rocky heart,

Into thy Holy Spirit's

Permanent, Lifelong home.

 

"Jesus I thank and praise You,

For this massive bunch of root,

That will break me

Into fertile soil

To be used to produce Your fruit."

 

Jeremiah 17:7-8 Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose hope is the Lord. For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, which spreads out its roots and will not fear when heat comes; but its leaf will be green, and will not be anxious in the year of drought, nor will cease from yielding fruit.

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. From my devotional Praising Adonai and available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, on nook, kindle etc.

No comments: